Thus spracht ME

Rants and commentary. My PGP key fingerprint F697 6D3F F5DF BD2F 01B6 ED98 5303 8036 C3FC 4DF3

My Photo
Name:
Location: North East, Ohio, United States

Friday, September 02, 2005

Welcome SCAGGSVILLE

To the relms of reality. I borrow from you the following:

Lessons from Katrina, Pt. 1 There is some seriously fucked stuff going on in the United States of America right now. An AMERICAN city closely resembling some crappy third world hole in the ground is only the beginning of it. There are so many rants going on in my head right now I can barely contain them all. Instead of yelling and screaming at my computer and TV, I think it’s best to break them down into the lessons I am learning from this tragedy.
Denial phase over, now to plan of action. My awakening came durring the rodney king riots.
Arm myself. That’s the lesson for today. I’ve always had access to guns. Owned a few, though I don’t have any right now. Never really thought much about it, I could borrow guns if I wanted them, though not necessarily immediately. I’ve always been a big supporter of the Second Amendment (odd that the Bill of Rights even needs to be defended). Always told people THEY should own a firearm. Always knew I'd get a couple eventually. For the last couple of years I’ve been putting off buying some new guns because the ones I want are more expensive than the funds I normally have available to me ( DSA-58, Sig p220, Ithica 37 M). Figured, maybe the next side job. Maybe the next paycheck. No more excuses. No more waiting. Arming myself to protect my family, friends and possessions is now my new paramount concern.
Halelujia, my son, You are saved! While the guns you name are nice, I think a good SKS fits the IMMEDIATE NEED. #2 a pump shotgun, #3 pistol. Ammo. more ammo. No such thing as too much ammo... Did I mention ammo?
will not be an unarmed victim. This is the second time I’ve seen in 10 years (LA early 90’s) Americans, devoid of direct police authority, behaving in a manner unbefitting of members of a western civilization. Liberal excuses of years of repression, poverty and other so-called injustices do not give anyone the right to loot or rob from others
Yep. Last year, (or was it 2 years ago?) when the lights went out for a few days over most of the state of Ohio, Pa. parts of canada, and points east, we in my little neck of N.E. Ohio had only one instance of attempted looting. Boys ran away with the fear of god in them. (Or at least the fear of sam colt.) What's yours is YOURS, and no government agent is going to protect you, your family, or your property. (In fact, they'll probably be the ones looting 'under color of law asseen in N.O.La.) You learned late, but you learned. that's a good thing. P.S. Did I mention get lots of ammo? And practice.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

|
******************************************************